Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
For current information on retail distribution of peanut butter products recalled due to Salmonella Bredeney, please consult the Trader Joe’s/Sunland Peanut Butter Recalls tab.
For current information on retail distribution of beef products containing Canadian beef recalled due to E. coli O157:H7 contamination please consult the Canada/USA Beef Recall tab.
- Allergy Alert: Foster Farms (Demopolis, AL) recalls Foster Farms Honey Crunchy Corn Dogs (2.67-lb, 16-ct pkgs; Est P-7322; Use by July 2, 2013; Time stamp between 06:30 and 08:30), because of misbranding and the presence of undeclared milk. The recalled products were distributed to Kroger, Walmart and Food Lion stores in the Southeastern USA.
- Food Safety Recall: Whole Foods Market recalls Bulk Sweets Mix containing Peanut Butter Power Chews (Bulk, PLU 9663), sold in the El Segundo, California store and Treasure Trove Mix (Bulk, PLU 6922), sold in several Florida stores, because the products contain peanut butter that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Fairytale Brownies recalls Peanut Butter Sprites, Peanut Butter Brownies, and Peanut Butter Cookies (manufactured on or after August 15, 2012), because the products contain peanut butter that may be contaminated with Salmonella. Please refer to the recall notice for additional details.
- Food Safety Recall: Walmart alerts its customers to the recall of ground beef and ground beef products due to E. coli O157:H7 contamination. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products sold in Walmart and Sam’s Club stores.
- Food Safety Recall: XL Foods Inc. (Est 38) expands its earlier recalls to include additional raw beef and beef products manufactured on August 24, 27, 28, 29 and September 5, 2012, due to potential contamination with E. coli O157:H7. Please refer to the recall notice for product and distribution details.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Bønnelykken A/S recalls Simply Fresh brand Salad with Salmon (Packaged in the Netherlands; Best before 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 and 4/10-2012), because the smoked salmon is thought to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Société Andouille ASSELOT recalls Andouille Asselot brand Andouilles de Vire (Lot #2612, 3012, 3112), after Salmonella was detected in the product. The recalled sausages were sold directly at the Asselot store in Vire (14500), in retail stores in the Normandie region or in Carrefour, Leclerc and Intermarché stores in Vire, either as packaged product or “by the slice.”
- Outbreak Alert Update (Germany): The food borne disease outbreak in Germany has sickened at least 8,365 individuals, including mostly children, teenagers and support staff at 342 schools and child care facilities. Twenty-three people have been hospitalized. Cases are reported from Brandenburg (97 facilities; 2,415 illnesses; 14 hospitalized), Berlin (82 facilities; 2,213 illnesses; 3 hospitalized), Sachsen (118 facilities; 2,800 illnesses; 2 hospitalized), Sachsen-Anhalt (6 facilities; 50 illnesses; none hospitalized) and Thüringen (39 facilities, 887 illnesses; 4 hospitalized). The identity of the pathogen has not yet been determined. Nearly all of the affected facilities in Brandenburg, Berlin and Thüringen were supplied with food from a common source.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.