Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Pernod Ricard USA (New York, NY) recalls ABSOLUT TUNE Sparkling fusion of wine and vodka due to undeclared sulfites.
- Allergy Alert: Lion Pavilion Ltd. (Maspeth, NY) recalls Grassplot Ginger Slices due to undeclared sulfites.
- Allergy Alert: Domega NY International Co. Ltd. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Green Day Brand White Melon Seeds due to undeclared sulfites.
- Allergy Alert: Kroger recalls Fral Snack Mix Island, 12 oz due to undeclared peanuts and tree nuts.
- Food Safety Recall: Publix Super Markets recalls Publix Deli Tri Fruit and Grain Salad since it may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- FDA Warning Letters: FDA warns the following companies after documenting violations of various regulations
- Dr. Gumbo’s New Orleans Cuisine, Inc. (Mandeville, LA): seafood HACCP and Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations for foods
- Dressel Farms LLC (New Paltz, NY): juice HACCP and insanitary conditions
- Sri Lankan Delight, Inc. (Tarzana, CA): seafood HACCP
- Yoli, Inc. d/b/a Mi Costenita (Chicago, IL): Good Manufacturing Practices regulation and insanitary conditions
- Mitsutoyo Co. Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan): seafood HACCP
- Ben E. Keith Company (Ft. Worth, TX): seafood HACCP
- Pioneer Frozen Foods, Inc. (San Antonio, TX): Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food regulation
- JBS USA Holdings, Inc. (Greeley, CO): seafood HACCP
- Allergy Alert: Uncle T Food Ltd. recalls G7 brand instant coffees due to undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Recall: Pensée Santé (St-Éphrem, QC) recalls croquants à la caroube (crunchy carob), because the product was manufactured using YUM brand peanut butter that has been recalled due to potential contamination with Salmonella or another harmful bacterium.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Santa Maria Denmark recalls Santa Maria Nacho Chips due to undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Crowing A/S recalls Organic Minced Chicken, frozen (Produced by Hanegal A/S), due to pieces of plastic in one of the packages.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): KD Food ApS recalls Skagen Salad due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Horse Meat Recall (Greece): The Department of Rural Economy and Veterinary (southern sector) has ordered the recall of several products after undeclared horse meat (DNA) was detected in samples.
- Medical Device Safety Recall (UK and Ireland): LifeScan UK/Ireland recalls several OneTouch blood glucose meters, due to inaccurate display of extremely elevated blood glucose level readings.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Allergy Alert (Hong Kong): Kofco Enterprise (Asia) Co. Ltd. recalls Mixed Soybean Paste, Sesame & Garlic (Manufactured by Daesang Corporation, Korea), due to undeclared peanuts.
- Food Safety Recall (Hong Kong): Nestle recalls Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg, as the chocolate waffle inside the egg may contain small pieces of plastic.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert (Hong Kong): The Department of Health urges the public not to buy or consume a slimming product named “Conting Qianweisu Slimming Herbs Capsule” as it may contain undeclared and banned drug ingredients that are dangerous to health.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert: Pams recalls Pams Fruit Nut Bars due to undeclared milk chocolate.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.