Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
For current information on international and retail distribution of peanut butter products recalled due to Salmonella Bredeney, please consult the Trader Joe’s/Sunland Peanut Butter Recalls tab.
- Allergy Alert: Price Chopper Supermarkets recalls Central Market Classic Cinnamon Nut Coffee Cakes (Expiration date of October 17 through October 25, 2012), because they were incorrectly labeled as Pumpkin Coffee Cakes and, therefore, contain undeclared tree nuts. The recalled product was sold on or after October 11, 2012 at the Mountain Road store in Worcester, MA.
- Food Safety Recall Update: USDA releases retail distribution list for Beef and Cheese Pastellios recalled by Cantina Foods, because the products were manufactured without benefit of federal inspection.
- Food Safety Recall: Cidrerie Michel Jodoin recalls Vista Bella Michel Jodoin Sparkling Apple Must, No Alcohol (750 mL; Lot 1112; UPC 6 09780 01127 7), due to contamination with patulin, a mycotoxin. The recalled product was sold in Quebec.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): MB Food A/S recalls “Ungdyr bovklump” (Packaged 22/11-2012; Best before 22/12/2012), due to contamination with Salmonella Dublin.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Proprietary Chinese Medicine Safety Recall (Hong Kong): Luen Hing Hong recalls [Fung Shing Pai] Tian-Ma Wan (Registration Numer HKP-00317), because the product contains about 1.7 times the permitted level of lead.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.