Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Seng Ong Wholesale, Inc. (St. Paul, MN) recalls Pacific Isles Hasa Hasa Dried Mackerel (48-oz cardboard cases; Lot #3298 and 0760; Product of the Philippines) and Pacific Isles Galunggong Dried Round Scad (48-oz cardboard cases; Lot #3228 and 3168; Product of the Philippines), because the fish was improperly eviscerated, and is at increased risk of contamination with spores of Clostridium botulinum. The Mackerel was sold in Minnesota; the Galunggong was sold in Minnesota and South Dakota.
- Food Safety Recall: Import Foods Wholesale Inc. (St. Paul, MN) recalls Smoked Croaker (10-lb cardboard box; Code 298/11; Product of Guyana), Smoked Barracuda (10-lb cardboard box; Code 0282/011; Product of Guyana), Smoked Big Eye (10-lb cardboard box; Code 287L10; Product of Guyana), and Smoked Red Snapper (10-lb cardboard box; Code 298-11; Product of Guyana), because the fish was improperly eviscerated, and is at increased risk of contamination with spores of Clostridium botulinum. The recalled products were sold to retail stores in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Iowa.
- Allergy Alert (France): Société Auchan recalls Auchan Lentilles Vertes/Green Lentils (500g pkg; UPC 3596710347025; All Best before date codes), because grains of wheat were found in the product.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0520): Carbaryl in oranges from the Dominican Republic; distributed to France.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #0212.0521): Melamine in supplementary food for dogs from the United Kingdom; distributed to Germany.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2012.0522): Undeclared egg in frozen pre-fried flounder stuffed with spinach and feta from the Netherlands; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0523): Unauthorized marketing of horse quarters, bone-in form from Ireland; distributed to Ireland and Italy.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2012.0524): Undeclared sulphite in Carrefour l’Abbaye brand beer from France; distributed to Greece.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.