Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Pallimed Solutions, Inc. dba Pallimed Pharmacy (Woburn, MA) recalls all sterile compound products dispensed since January 1, 2013, after visible particulates (filaments) were observed in vials of some sterile compounded products.
- Medical Device Safety Recall: Health Canada initiates recall of OneTouch Verio IQ Blood Glucose Meter, manufactured by Lifescan Europe (Switzerland) because the meter will not work as expected at extremely high blood glucose levels of 56.8mmol/L (1023 mg/dL) or above.
- Allergy Alert (Italy): Ipafood s.r.l. recalls Farina di riso (rice flour) due undeclared allergen.
- Food Safety Recall (France): The manufacturer recalls Côté Table brand Confit de foie de volaille au Porto, packed in 180g glass jars, due to possible contamination with glass fragments.
- Food Safety Recall (Germany): Fa. Windau recalls Schinkenteewurst grob, Rügenwalder Art due to Salmonella contamination.
- Medical Device Safety Recall (Spain): LifeScan Spain recalls OneTouch Verio® blood glucose meters due to incorrect display of extremely elevated blood glucose test results.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
2 thoughts on “Recalls and Alerts: March 27, 2013”
Great to have you back.
_____________________________________ William D. Marler, Esq. Marler Clark LLP PS The Food Safety Law Firm 1301 Second Avenue, Suite 2800 Seattle, WA 98101-3808
Direct Line:(206) 346-1890 Cell:(206) 794-5043 Main Line:(206) 346-1888 Toll Free:(800) 884-9840 Main Facsimile:(206) 346-1898 Skype:billmarler2010 Email:email@example.com Blog:www.marlerblog.com Twitter:@bmarler Facebook:MarlerClarkBlog Website:www.marlerclark.com
This electronic transmission is intended for the addressee or entity indicated above. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any review, dissemination or use of this transmission or its contents by persons other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, we respectfully request that you notify us immediately and erase all copies of this transmission. Thank you. P Please only print this email if necessary. Thank you!
From: eFoodAlert <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: eFoodAlert <email@example.com> Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:28 PM To: Bill Marler <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: [New post] Recalls and Alerts: March 27, 2013
foodbuglady posted: “Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each”