Here is a summary of Allergy Alerts from around the world. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices or company news releases that contain detailed information for each one.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food For Life Baking Company (Corona, CA) recalls 15,369 cases of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereal shipped between November 20, 2012 to February 11, 2013, because the product may be mislabeled and may contain an undeclared allergen – almond.
- See’s Candies, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) recalls one code of 1.7 ounce Divinity Easter Egg with Walnuts, because some boxes labeled Divinity with Walnuts may actually contain Peanut Butter Eggs.
- New Chapter, Inc. recalls a limited number of packages of its 90 count Probiotic Elderberry dietary supplement because it may contain an undeclared allergen – soy.
- Summer Garden Food Manufacturing (Boardman, OH) recalls Bolognese sauce products because of undeclared allergens (soy and wheat) and misbranding (undeclared MSG).
- Nishimoto Trading Co., Ltd. (Santa Fe Springs, CA) recalls 4.37 ounce packages of Kameda Brand Rice Cracker “Kotsubukko” snack food because they may contain undeclared milk.
- Daesang America Inc. (Hackensack, NJ) recalls 500gram (17.64 Ounce) packages of Sesame and Garlic flavored Mixed Soy Bean Paste because they may contain undeclared peanuts.
- Miravalle Foods Inc. (El Monte, CA) recalls Miravalle Pan Rallado Sazonado due to undeclared wheat.
- Resto du marché (Gatineau, QC) recalls Trempette Normandin, Pâté au saumon and Patates Parisiennes (crues), due to the presence of undeclared mustard, soy and sulfites, respectively.
- Ed Core Marketing Ltd. (Surrey, BC) and Integra Brand Management (Laval, QC) recall Food for Life Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal due to undeclared almonds.
- Glaces du Fruitier (Quebec, QC) recalls Dufruitier brand Gelato, Vanille Française due to undeclared egg.
- Fair Trading Co. Ltd. recalls Sun Shun Fuk (Sau Tao) brand Noodle King (Thin) Lobster Soup Flavored, due to undeclared egg.
- Norcard Fundraising Canada recalls Heartland Gourmet gluten free, dairy free, Double Chocolate Cookie Mix due to undeclared milk.
- Lifestyle Evolution Inc. recalls certain NuGo brand Bars due to undeclared milk.
- Anita’s Organic Grain & Flour Mill Ltd. (Chilliwack, BC) recalls certain Anita’s Organic Mill products due to undeclared milk.
- Alimentation Serge Vermette inc., dba IGA (Gatineau, QC) recalls Spaghetti sauces and Penine Arabiata due to undeclared sesame.
- Viande S.G. (Montreal, QC) recalls certain ready-to-eat dishes, due to undeclared wheat, soy, milk and/or sulfites.
- Les Bouchers associés de Boisbriand SENC, dba Boucherie Côté (Boisbriand, QC) recalls certain prepared foods due to undeclared allergens – mustard, sesame seeds, soy, milk, wheat and/or sulfites.
- Marché Oriental St-Denis inc. (Montreal, QC) recalls Dessert Maïs due to undeclared sulfites.
- Supermarché Frères Sakaris (Montreal, QC) recalls certain meat products due to undeclared mustard or sulfites.
- Uncle T Food Ltd. (Richmond, BC) recalls certain Jak brand Instant Coffee 3 in 1 due to undeclared milk.
- Marché Saint-Joseph, dba Metro Plus (Montreal, QC) recalls certain prepared foods due to undeclared mustard.
- Chelsea Chocolates recalls Chelsea Chocolates brand Chocolate Products due to undeclared milk.
- Sakellis Foods recalls Sakellis Foods Pickling Spice Whole due to undeclared mustard.
- Grimm’s Fine Foods recalls Grimm’s Fine Foods Butternut squash agnolotti due to undeclared yam and sweet potato.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning people with allergies to milk not to consume G7 brand 3 in 1 Instant Coffee product from Viet Nam, due to undeclared milk.
- Belgium: Revogan recalls certain Proceli products because they are missing the statement ‘peut contenir des traces de lait’ on the packaging.
- Denmark: Carefood.dk recalls certain Proceli products due to undeclared milk.
- Ireland: Murphy’s Home Bakery alerts consumers to the presence of undeclared milk, wheat, gluten, soya and sulphites in Murphy’s Home Bakery Apple Tart.
- Sweden: Santa Maria recalls certain production codes of Santa Maria Nacho Chips, 500g due to undeclared milk.
- UK: Musgrave Retail Partners GB recalls SuperValu Tuna and Sweetcorn Sandwiches with a use by date of 8 March 2013 because they contain undeclared prawns.
- UK: Asda withdraws Smart Price Potato Salad (250g) with a ‘use by’ date of 26 March 2013 because it might contain peanuts.
- UK: Montezuma’s Chocolates recalls various products, with ‘best before’ dates from 1 May to 1 November 2013, because they contain sulphites which are not mentioned on the label.
- UK: Wholebake Limited is recalling one batch code of its 9 Bar brand original mixed seed bar (4 x 40g), labelled as ‘free from’ dairy, because the product contains milk protein.
- UK: EH Booths and Co Limited is withdrawing some of its Edamame Bean Stir Fry because it contains soya, which is not listed on the label.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
**Includes Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Dominick’s, Genuardi’s, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs and Pak N’ Save.