Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: GoldCoast Salads (Naples, FL) recalls Blue Crab Spread (8-oz and 1-lb containers; Produced December 3, 2012; Exp 1-31-13), due to possible Listeria contamination. The recalled product was supplied to stores in the North East and South East USA, including: Giant, Giant Food Stores, Martin’s, Sam’s Club, ShopRite, and Stop & Shop.
- Food Safety Recall: Trader Joe’s recalls Trader Joe’s Organic Pea Shoots (4 oz/113g; SKU 92756; Best by dates through 02/16), due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The recalled sprouts were sold only in Trader Joe’s Oregon and Washington stores.
- Food Safety Recall Update: Due to potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination, Sprouters Northwest extends its earlier recalls to include all varieties of sprouts products including 3-Bean Munchie, Alfalfa, Bean, Broccoli, Brocco Sandwich sprouts, Clover, Deli, Spicy; Wheatgrass and Pea Shoots that were distributed through 1/30/2013 in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia, Canada through retail stores and food service distribution chain. The recalled products were sold under the Sprouters Northwest, LifeForce, Brassica and Trader Joe’s Organic Pea Shoots brands.
- Allergy Alert: Hafez International Trading Inc. recalls Tiar Dried Apple (150g; Best before Jan 2013) due to undeclared sulphites. The recalled product was supplied to retailers in British Columbia.
- Food Safety Recall: GNG Food Service Inc. recalls GNG Food Service Inc. Hummous (5kg & 11kg; Production dates January 20th, 24th & 28th 2013; Expiry dates February 4th, 8th & 12th, 2013), due to Listeria contamination. The recalled products were supplied to hotels, restaurants and institutional customers in Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall (Italy): Fredo Spa (vendor) and S.A.F.I.M. srl (importer) recall Salted codfish (Product of Faroe Islands; Lots #5112012, 8012013, 17012013, 21012013, 22012013 and 1630), due to Anisakis (parasitic worm) infestation.
- Food Recall (UK): Findus recalls beef lasagne products (Product of France; Supplied by Comigel) after the Food Standards Agency confirms that the meat content of the beef lasagne has tested positive for more than 60% horse meat.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2013.0153): Ethephon in pineapple from Cameroon; distributed to France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2013.0154): Suspicion of fraudulent health certificates for chicken stock cubes from Egypt; distributed to Belgium, Ireland, Malta and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2013.0156): Semicarbazide in sheep casings from India; distributed to France.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2013.0158): Undeclared gluten in ‘gluten-free’ soya products from Estonia; distributed to Estonia and Finland.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Israel): Terra recalls Homogenized Kosher Milk, 1% and 3% fat (1-liter cartons; Expiration date 2/16/13, 2/17/13 & 2/19/13), due to premature spoilage.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
2 thoughts on “Recalls and Alerts: February 7, 2013”
Reblogged this on Ufohunterorguk.com.
Reblogged this on Ned Hamson Second Line View of the News and commented:
Makes you want to just grow your own food or trade with just those you know and trust