Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Yolanda Quality Foods, Inc. (San Gabriel, CA) recalls various Yolanda brand gnocchi, ravioli, tortellini and tortelloni products (please see recall notice for detailed list of products) due to undeclared wheat (all recalled products) and milk (Classic Gnocchi, only).
- Food Safety Recall: Whole Foods Market expands its earlier recall of Whole Catch Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon cold smoked, sliced salmon (4 oz; Lot 7425A2297A), due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. This second recalled lot code was sold in Whole Foods Market stores in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah.
- Allergy Alert: United Marketing & JB Enterprises Inc. recall JB brand Apricots (450g clamshell packages; UPC 8 92012 00164 5; All codes), due to undeclared sulphites. The recalled product was distributed in Ontario.
- Allergy Alert: Riverbend Plantation Inc. (Saskatoon, SK) recalls Riverbend Plantation brand Saskatoon Berry Chocolate Hearts (1 piece, 65g, 130g, 16 pieces, & 32 pieces; Lot 212), due to undeclared milk and hazelnuts. The recalled products were distributed in Ontario.
- Personal Care Product Safety Recall: Arbonne International Distribution Inc. recalls RE9 Advanced for Men Facial Moisturizer SPF 20 Sunscreen (Lot 043904), after product testing detected the presence of bacterial contamination (Aerococcus viridans) in a sample of the product. The recalled product was sold through Arbonne International Distribution’s network of independent sales consultants.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2013.0101): Histamine in chilled tuna from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2013.0102): Salmonella in poultry steak from Belgium; distributed to Belgium and France.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Binnorie Dairy Proprietary Limited recalls Duetto Cheese (140g in 150mL clear plastic tub; Best before 21 FEB 2013), due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The recalled product was sold in New South Wales.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.