Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
For current information on retail distribution of peanut butter products recalled due to Salmonella Bredeney, please consult the Trader Joe’s/Sunland Peanut Butter Recalls tab.
For current information on retail distribution of beef products containing Canadian beef recalled due to E. coli O157:H7 contamination please consult the Canada/USA Beef Recall tab.
- Allergy Alert: Turkana Food Inc. (Kenilworth, NJ) recalls Turkana Valley Turkish Dried Apricots (250g/8.82 oz plastic container; Lot 11-4; Exp 2-2013; UPC 8692594007804) and Turkana Valley Turkish Dried Apricots (500g/17.63 oz plastic container; Lot 11-3; Exp 2-2013; UPC 8692594007811), because the products contain undeclared sulfites. The recalled product was distributed to retail stores in the northeast.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Company advises its customers that Boulder Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream (16 fl oz) has been recalled due to potential contamination with Salmonella. The recalled product was sold in King Soopers and City Market stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): AP Green recalls Rucola salad (75g plastic tray; Product of Italy; Lot #45A through 45F) after Salmonella was detected in a sample from Lot #45F.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Scamark recalls Nos Régions ont du Talent brand Piperade basquaise (700g glass jars; Expiry 13/07/16; All lots) because of the presence of glass particles in the product. The recalled sauce was sold in E. Leclerc stores.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1587): Listeria monocytogenes in chilled salmon steak from France; distributed to Belgium and France.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2012.1589): Undeclared milk ingredient in variety pack containing sour cream and chives bags from the United Kingdom; distributed to Bermuda, Guernsey, Ireland, Malta and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1590): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled hake from Croatia; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1592): Mercury in vacuum packed chilled tuna slices from Spain; distributed to Italy.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Alert (Australia): A scallop fishery in the White Rock area of Tasmania has been closed after paralytic shellfish toxin was found in samples, according to a report on news.com.au.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.