Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
For current information on retail distribution of peanut butter products recalled due to Salmonella Bredeney, please consult the Trader Joe’s/Sunland Peanut Butter Recalls tab.
For current information on retail distribution of beef products containing Canadian beef recalled due to E. coli O157:H7 contamination please consult the Canada/USA Beef Recall tab.
- Food Safety Recall: State Garden recalls Wegmans Food You Feel Good About Organic Spinach & Spring Mix (11 oz & 5 oz; UPC 77890-16411 & 77890-16437, respectively; Product sold between 10/14/12 and 11/1/12), because the product may be contaminated with E. coli O157.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Charlee Bear Products, a division of Wixon, Inc., recalls Charlee Bear Protein Crunch Bars – Chicken Recipe with Carrots (5.5 oz pkgs; UPC 8710890000; Lot #19812, 19912, 20012 & 20212; Best by dates 07-16-2015, 07-17-2015, 07-18-2015 & 07-20-2015, respectively) and Charlee Bear Protein Crunch Bars – Chicken Recipe with Sweet Potatoes (5.5 oz pkgs; UPC 8710890001; Lot #20112; Best by 07-19-2015), after Salmonella was found in a sample of the Chicken Recipe with Carrots Crunch Bar from Lot #19812. All of the recalled products are manufactured for Charlee Bear by a third-party contract manufacturer. The recalled products were distributed nationally in September and October 2012.
- Outbreak Alert Update: The Public Health Agency of Canada reports that sixth case of E. coli O157:H7 has been confirmed in Quebec, bringing the total number of confirmed illnesses in the outbreak related to beef from XL Foods to seventeen (17) cases in Alberta (7), Newfoundland and Labrador (1), Quebec (6) and British Columbia (3).
- Allergy Alert (UK): The Co-operative recalls Truly Irresistible Fairtrade Peruvian Creamy Milk Chocolate (100g; Best before dates up to and including 9 March 2013), Truly Irresistible Fairtrade Peruvian Dark Chocolate with Dried Sweetened Cranberries (100g; Best before dates up to and including 9 March 2013), and Truly Irresistible Peruvian Dark Chocolate with Hazelnuts ((100g; Best before dates up to and including 9 March 2013), due to the presence of undeclared nuts and milk.
- Food Safety Recall (Germany): HIPP GmbH & Co. KG Sales recalls HiPP Mixed vegetables with pasta and mini-tender organic beef – Baby Menu Bio (2 x 190g; Lot #L125192; Expiry 27/05/2013; Item #9930), because clumps of noodles contained in the product may represent a choking hazard for infants.
- Food Safety Withdrawal (Northern Ireland): L&M Meats Northern Ireland has withdrawn vacuum-packed cuts of beef and lamb, because the products were handled and packaged in an unapproved establishment.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.