Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Oskri Corp. (Lake Mills, WI) recalls Peach Granola (3.53-oz bags; UPC 666016111743; P 3/3/12; EXP 9/9/13; LOT 75), due to the presence of undeclared cashews. The recalled product was distributed nationally to travel plazas and retail stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Casco Inc. recalls GTC Nutrition Purimune Galactooligosaccharides (20kg; Lots 0000117369, 0000117370, and 0000117371), due to Salmonella contamination. The recalled product was distributed to warehouses in Ontario and Quebec.
- Food Safety Alert (Netherlands): Nutricia warns that the packaging of Nutrilon HA 2 follow-on milk (750g packages; Expiration date up to and including 10/26/2013) shows an incorrect dosage instruction.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Hsbb Import recalls Whole black peppercorns (50g and 350g packets; Best before 26-12-2012), due to Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): SuperGros A/S recalls Værsgo Helbladet spinach, frozen (450g; Best before 24-05-2013) because rodent skin and hair was found in a bag of the spinach.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0733): Unauthorized sulphite on fresh longan peel from Thailand, via the Netherlands and France; distributed to Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0736): Unauthorized formic acid in white sour cabbage from Poland; distributed to Slovakia and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0738): Shigatoxin-producing Escherichia coli in rump steak from Argentina; distributed to Austria, Denmark and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0740): Salmonella spp. in poultry cutlets from Germany; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0741): Unauthorized Rhodamine B in turmeric powder from India; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0742): Salmonella spp. in minced meat products from Sweden; distributed to Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0743): Omethoate in tamarillo from Colombia, via Belgium; distributed to Norway.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2012.0746): Salmonella Isangul in rapeseed meal from Kazakhstan, via Denmark; distributed to Sweden.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Marsh Butcheries recalls Marsh Butcheries Chorizo Sausages (350g-400g vacuum-packs; Use by 06 JUN 12), due to contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled product was sold at Marsh Butcheries retail stores in Stratford, Cairns, QLD.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.