Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: August Foods Inc. (Downington, PA) recalls Saffron Road Lamb Koftis entrées (11-oz cartons; Est 34624; Sell by dates of June 15, 2012; July 19, 2012; July 20, 2012; Oct. 5, 2012; May 1, 2013; and May 3, 2013), due to the presence of undeclared milk. The recalled entrées were shipped to distribution centers in Illinois and Pennsylvania.
- Food Safety Recall: Rock Springs Dairy (Bradford, TN) recalls Whole Creamline Milk (Glass 1-quart or 1/2 Gallon Bottles; Expiration dates 5/25/12 – 6/1/12; Plant #47-170), due to incomplete pasteurization. The recalled milk is believed to have been distributed to approximately 17 stores in West Tennessee.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC Inc. recalls IMODIUM® Multi-Symptoms Relief, 18 Caplets (Lot #CMF023), due to a packaging issue. The product is being recalled at the wholesale level only, and not from consumers or from store shelves, as there are no safety concerns related to the recall.
- Outbreak Alert (North Carolina): The Wilkes County Health Department is investigating a confirmed case of hepatitis A involving a Dixie Donuts location just west of Wilkesboro. County health officials are advising people who may have consumed food or drinks from Dixie Donuts at 2830 West NC Highway 268 in Wilkesboro during the times when this employee was working (May 8th and 9th from 7:00AM–1:00PM and May 10th and 12th from 2:00PM–8:00PM) to contact Wilkes County Health Department for a vaccine or shot that could prevent them from getting sick. The Health Department will offer a walk-in clinic for the vaccine on May 18th from 2-6 pm and on May 19th from 9-12 noon.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0664): Listeria monocytogenes in Manouri brand sheep’s cheese from Greece; distributed to Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0665): Mold infestation in hazelnut kernels from Germany; distributed to Denmark.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0666): Excessive Enterobacteriaceae in dried bovine meat from Germany; distributed to Austria.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2012.0667): Salmonella Montevideo in lamb meal from the Netherlands; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0668): Histamine in frozen tuna steaks from Indonesia, via the Netherlands; distributed to Belgium.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.