Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Animal Feed Safety Recall: Quality Feed, Inc. (Dousman, WI) recalls Quality Feed, Inc., Dairy Princess, Peachey’s, and Yo-momma brands of Milk Replacer (Shipped between January 31, 2012 and March 31, 2012; Lot numbers ending in 0131 through 0323), because Quality Feed was just notified by one of its suppliers that six 40-lb bags purchased in January 2012 may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recall milk replacer was distributed throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York.
- Food Safety Recall: Winn-Dixie recalls Garden Highway Tropical Salsa (11 oz; UPC 82676642210; Sell by 8/31/12 & 9/1/12), Fruit Burst Cut Fruit (16 oz & 24 oz; UPC 2114001701 & 2114001707; Sell by 8/31/12 & 8/31/12) and Island Medley Cut Fruit (16 oz; UPC 2114001696; Sell by 8/30/12 & 8/31/12), because they contain a mango ingredient that may be contaminated with Salmonella Braenderup. The recalled products were manufactured by Renaissance Food Group and sold in central and south Florida Winn-Dixie stores in the following counties: Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Flagler, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Lee, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Saint Lucie, Sarasota, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia.
- Food Safety Recall: Triple B Corporation Seattle, WA dba Real Foods Kent WA and Charlie’s Produce Anchorage, Alaska recall several cut fruit products sold under the Haggen, Costco, Metropolitan Market, Charlie’s and Alaska Carrot labels, because the products contain Daniella brand mangos that were recalled due to Salmonella Braenderup. Please refer to the the recall notice for a detailed list of affected product.
- Food Safety Recall: Pacific Coast Fruit Company (Portland, OR) recalls VA Kit New Gourmet Fruit Salad (7.75#; UPC 20728 70006; Best if used by July 26 to August 30) and Mango & Cucumber Salsa (UPC 20728 71784; Best if Used by July 30 to September 3), because the deli-style salads contain mangos that may be contaminated with Salmonella Braenderup. The recalled salads were packed in 6 lb to 8 lb salads bags and distributed to various retail groceries in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Alaska.
- Food Safety Recall: Taylor Farms New Jersey recalls Wawa Mango and Yogurt Parfait (7.5 oz; Julian code 236 or earlier; Sell by 9/03/12 or earlier) and various other Wawa brand products containing Mango (Julian code 237 or earlier; Sell by Date 8/30/12 or earlier), because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella Braenderup. Please refer to the recall notice for a detailed list of affected products, which were distributed to Wawa retail stores in New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Food Safety Recall/Outbreak Alert – Mangos: Please refer to Salmonella Braenderup – Mango for current information on US retail distribution of recalled Daniella brand mangos and other products that contain these mangos.
- Food Safety Recall Update: North American Produce Sales (Vancouver, BC) expands its earlier recall of Daniella brand Mangos to include all Daniella brand Mangos bearing PLU #4959 that were sold at various retail stores between July 12 and August 31, 2012. The recalled mangos, which have been associated with 21 cases of Salmonella Braenderup infections in British Columbia and Alberta, were distributed in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
- Food Safety Recall: M.L. Catania Co. Ltd. (Toronto, ON) recalls Daniella brand Mango packed by M.L. Catania Co. Ltd (6-pack plastic clamshell pkg; UPC 0 61968 61603 0; all Pack dates from 12 JL 19 to 12 AU 21), because the mangos may be contaminated with Salmonella Braenderup. The recalled mangoes may not still carry the original Daniella brand sticker; they were distributed in Newfoundland and Ontario, and may also have been distributed in other provinces.
- Food Safety Recall/Outbreak Alert – Mangos: Please refer to Salmonella Braenderup – Mango for current information on Canadian retail distribution of recalled Daniella brand mangos and other products that contain these mangos.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.