Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: BI-LO recalls Southern Home Bacon Ranch Salad Mix (7.5 oz; UPC 0788002891; Sell by May 17, 2013 and May 18, 2013) and Southern Home Creamy Parmesan Salad Mix (6.2 oz; UPC 0788002892; Sell by April 20, 2013 and May 21, 2013), because the products have the potential to contain small metal fragments. The recalled salad mixes were sold in BI-LO stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: iSi North America recalls Twist ‘n Sparkle home beverage carbonation system, after receiving reports of nine recent incidents in which the plastic bottle burst during normal use. The recall includes both the Twist ‘n Sparkle Starter Set (Models 1005, 1005-12, 1005-BL, 1005-QVC) and the Twist ‘n Sparkle Bottle Set (Modesl 1006-00 and 1006-12).
- Unauthorized Drug Safety Recall: IT Erotics recalls Lightning Rod, an unauthorized sexual enhancement product, after Health Canada finds undeclared hydroxythiohomosildenafil in the product. The recalled product has been removed from sale at various outlets in Ontario, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan. Please refer to the Health Canada Advisory for a list of stores where Lightning Rod was sold.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Valora Trade Denmark recalls OTA Solgryn oatmeal (950g; Best before 20/4-2013 and 2 kg; best before 20/4.2013 and 27/4-2013), because the product may contain pieces of glue due to a packaging failure.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Falengreen A/S recalls Habits brand Grated Mozzarella Cheese (200g plastic bag; Best before 18/8-2012), due to mold growth in some of the bags.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2012.0934): Undeclared egg in pasta from Lithuania; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0935): Histamine in canned sardines in tomato sauce from Morocco; distributed to France.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2012.0936): Unauthorized 1,3 dimethylamylamine in food supplement from Belgium; distributed to Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0937): Procymidone and oxamyl in tomatoes from Morocco; distributed to France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0938): Suffocation risk as a result of the consumption by young children of Bambix Bear brand cookie from Germany; distributed to Czech Republic, France, Netherlands, Poland and Slovakia.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2012.0939): Undeclared milk ingredient in dark chocolate from Italy; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0941): Methiocarb in chilled wine leaves from Greece; distributed to Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0942): Ethion in strawberry cubes from Egypt; distributed to Germany.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2012.0943): Unauthorized 1,3 dimethylamylamine in food supplement from the USA, via the Netherlands; distributed to Sweden.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2012.0944): Undeclared milk ingredient in biscuits from Slovenia; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0945): Salmonella spp. in frozen sausage roll from the Netherlands; distributed to Belgium and the Netherlands.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.