Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Henry’s Farm, Inc. expands its April 27th recall of Soybean Sprouts to include Grown In Natural Spring Water Natto Soybean Sprouts (1-lb clear plastic packages; No lot or date codes), because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled sprouts were distributed to retail stores in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
- Food Safety Recall: Liberté Brands Inc. recalls Liberté Plain Goat Yogurt 2.7% M.F. (500g; Lot #13AL12P5; Best before MA 23), due to drug residues. The recalled product was distributed in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Tulip Food Company recalls Steff-Houlberg Bavarian Sausages (435g/7 pcs; Best before 24/5-2012; Packaged 24/4-2012; Manufactured in Germany), because small black soft plastic pieces were found in some of the sausages. The recalled product was sold in a few Spar stores and in Rema 1000 and Kiwi stores throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): PepsiCo recalls Tropicana Kids Orange Juice Drink (4 x 200ml multipack; No batch or date codes), as they contain only water, rather than the orange juice blend. The water in these packs is of an unsatisfactory quality due to microbiological contamination.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Withdrawal (Finland): Active Nutrition International Oy withdraws WNT Super Mineral Tabs (60 tablets/bottle), because the mineral supplement contains nickel, vanadium and cobalt, none of which are approved in the EU for addition to food supplements or foods. The product is sold online in Finland.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Allergy Alert (Hong Kong): The Centre for Food Safety advises consumers who are allergic to milk protein not to eat Thin Pizza Mix With Rice Flour – Muji (150g; Best before November 1, 2012; Manufactured in Japan by Ryohin Keikaku Company Limited; Imported by Muji), because the product contains undeclared milk protein. Warning letters have been issued to importer and to the vendor where the sample was purchased.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.